Education: “P. Hilendarski” University of Plovdiv, Bachelor Degree in Molecular Biology (2005), Master Degree in Cell biology (2006), Master degree in Innovation Research (2015), PhD in Immunology (2013)
Specialties: medical biology (2013)
Research experience: “Introduction in flow cytometry” (NCIPD, Sofia, 2009), Cell culture (University of Plovdiv, 2011), RT2–PCR, qPCR (BAS, Sofia, 2012); Innate immunity: from evolution to revolution (Sorrento, Italy 2012), "Novel vaccination strategies against the three major killers”, (Castellammare di Stabia, Italy 2013), 1st BSIIS (Golden Sands, 2014), FACS analysis (BAS, Sofia, 2015), “Social science and medical innovations” (Tomsk, Russia, 2015), 2nd BSIIS (Sofia, 2015), Personalized Medicine, Sofia (2017), Short Term fellowship from EFIS in University of Catania (2019)
Research interests: biomarkers in autoimmune and tumor diseases, protein YKL-40, personalized medicine
1. Kazakova M, Sarafian V (2009) YKL-40 a novel biomarker in clinical practice. Folia Medica 51: 5-14.
2. Kazakova M, Batalov A, Deneva T, Mateva N, Kolarov Z, Sarafian V (2013) Relationship between sonographic parameters and YKL-40 levels in rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatol Int 33: 341-346. DOI: 10.1007/s00296-012-2387-3
3. Kazakova M, Staneva D, Koev I, Staikov D, Mateva N, Timonov P, Miloshev G, Sarafian V (2014) Protein and mRNA levels of YKL-40 in high-grade glioma. Folia Biologica (Praha) 60: 261-267.
4. Karalilova R, Kazakova M, Sapundzhieva T, Dichev V, Batalov Zg, Sarafian V, Batalov A (2019) Serum YKL-40 and IL-6 levels correlate with ultrasound findings of articular and periarticular involvement in patients with Systemic sclerosis. Rheum Int 39 (11): 1841-1848. DOI: 10.1007/s00296-019-04402-9.
5. Dichev V, Kazakova M, Sarafian V (2020) YKL-40 and NSE in neurodegeneration and neuroinflammation. Reviews in the Neurosciences DOI: 10.1515/revneuro-2019-0100.