Education: Paisii Hilendarski University–Plovdiv – Maser degree in Chemistry; Higher Medical Institute-Plovdiv – Specialization in Theoretical foundations of medical chemistry; Medical University-Plovdiv – PhD degree in Bioorganic chemistry, chemistry of natural and physiological active compounds.
Specializations: Introduction of study design and research methods, University of Oxford, UK (2018), LC-MS Method Validation, Lifelong Learning Centre, University of Tartu, Estonia (2019)
Professional experience as team leader and member in numerous national research and educational projects. Supervisor of PhD students.
Research interests: Application of HPLC with UV and MS detection for analysis of natural and synthetic biologically active substances in different matrices. Polyelectrolyte multilayered structures for sustained release of medicines.
1. Pilicheva B, Uzunova Y, Katsarov P. Comparative Study on Microencapsulation of Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia Mill.) and Peppermint (Mentha piperita L.) Essential Oils via Spray-Drying Technique. Molecules, 2021, 26, 7467. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26247467
2. Shishmanova-Doseva M, Atanasova D, Uzunova Y, Yoanidu L, Peychev L, Marinov P, Tchekalarova J. Effects of Lacosamide Treatment on Epileptogenesis, Neuronal Damage and Behavioral Comorbidities in a Rat Model of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2021, 22(9), 4667. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms22094667
3. Shishmanova-Doseva M, Peychev L, Yoanidu L, Uzunova Y, Atanasova M, Georgieva K, Tchekalarova J. Anticonvulsant Effects of Topiramate and Lacosamide on Pilocarpine-Induced Status Epilepticus in Rats: A Role of Reactive Oxygen Species and Inflammation. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2021, 22(5), 2264. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms22052264
4. Pilicheva B, Uzunova Y, Bodurov I, Viraneva A, Exner G, Sotirov S, Yovcheva T, Marudova M. Layer-by-layer self-assembly films for buccal drug delivery: The effect of polymer cross-linking. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology. 2020, 59. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jddst.2020.101897
5. Exner G, Marudova M, Sotirov S, Marinova A, Viraneva A, Pilicheva B, Bodurov I, Vlaeva I, Uzunova Y, Yovcheva T. Multilayered polyelectrolyte structures with potential for intracavity drug delivery systems. Applied Surface Science. 2019, 493, 620-627. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2019.07.039