Dr. Nikola Boyanov obtained a diploma in Gastroenterology in 2014. From 2009 to 2014 he is a resident in the Multidisciplinary hospital for active treatment (MHAT) Plovdiv, for a few years works in “EuroHospital”, Plovdiv. His activity as an assistant at the Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC) in the Medical University - Plovdiv begins in 2018.
He is a Member of the Bulgarian Medical Association (BLA), Bulgarian Society of Gastroenterology (BSG), Bulgarian Association of Ultrasound in Medicine (BAUM), Bulgarian Association for the Study of Liver (BgASL), European Association for Gastroenterology, Endoscopy and Nutrition (EAGH) and the European Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE).
Dr. Nikola Boyanov attends numerous congresses, seminars and “hands-on” trainings at national, European and international level in the field of conventional and interventional gastroenterology, hepatology and bile-pancreatic system. He is highly specialized in performing endoscopic retrograde cholangiopanreatography (ERCP), endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) in the stomach and rectum, and is the only one in Bulgaria to perform (per)oral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) in patients with achalasia.
1. "Objective coverage of HVPG with brachial access. Application of the Methodology ", oral presentation of the 5th National Conference on Hepatology" Portal Hypertension ".
2. "Endoscopic obturation of gastroesophageal varices", oral presentation of the 5th National Conference on Hepatology "Portal hypertension".
3. "Contrast-enhanced ultrasound and biopsy of a typical liver lesion with an unexpected result - a clinical case" - oral presentation of the XXII National Ultrasound Congress in Medicine.
4. "Diagnosis and Behavior in Pyogenic Hepatic Abscesses", Oral Presentation, “V National Congress for Young Gastroenterologists”, Tsaritsa Ioanna Hospital (ISUL), Sofia.
5. “Endoscopic submucosal resection in the stomach and rectum”, oral presentation, Session for young gastroenterologists at the National Congress of Gastroenterology.