Education: Medical University of Plovdiv – Master Degree in Pharmacy (2012), PhD in Pharmaceutical technology (2017).
Specialization: Pharmaceutical technology and Biopharmacy (2018).
Research experience: Author/co-author of more than 20 scientific papers, more than 20 oral presentations and posters in national and international conferences, and 6 scientific projects. Research interests in micro- and nano-sized drug formulations, production of novel drug-delivery systems, alternative routes of drug administration and drug formulations with sustained release of the active substance.
1. Katsarov P, Shindova M, Lukova P, Belcheva A, Delattre C, Pilicheva B. Polysaccharide-Based Micro- and Nanosized Drug Delivery Systems for Potential Application in the Pediatric Dentistry. Polymers, 2021, 13, 3342. https://doi.org/10.3390/polym13193342
2. Pilicheva B, Uzunova Y, Katsarov P. Comparative Study on Microencapsulation of Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia Mill.) and Peppermint (Mentha piperita L.) Essential Oils via Spray-Drying Technique. Molecules, 2021, 26, 7467. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26247467
3. Katsarov P, Pilicheva B, Uzunova Y, Gergov G, Kassarova M. Chemical cross-linking: A feasible approach to prolong doxylamine/pyridoxine release from spray-dried chitosan microspheres. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2018, 123, 387-394. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejps.2018.07.059
4. Katsarov P, Pilicheva B, Manev H, Lukova P, Kassarova M. Optimization of chitosan microspheres spray drying via 32 full factorial design. Folia medica, 2017, 59(2), 95-101. https://doi.org/10.1515/folmed-2017-0037
5. Katsarov P, Pilicheva B, Uzunova Y, Gergov G, Kassarova M. Doxylamine/pyridoxine loaded chitosan microspheres as potential nasal drug delivery systems. Bulgarian Chemical Communications, 2017, 49, 96-102.