Dr. Mariya Ivanovska completed her medical degree in 2012 at the Medical University - Plovdiv. She holds PhD since 2018 at MU-Plovdiv. She is a chief assistant professor since 2019. From 2017 she is a resident doctor in clinical immunology at the Laboratory of Clinical Immunology, University Hospital "St. George", Plovdiv.
Author and co-author of >20 publications in Bulgarian and international peer-reviewed journals, including journals with impact Factor. H index-3. Participant in national and international research projects. Scientific interests – stress and immune system changes, psychobiotics, psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology (PNEI) and immune deficiencies.
She has worked as Erasmus PhD researcher at Donders institute for brain, cognition and behavior in Nijmegen, The Netherlands (2015) and other European universities (France, Austria and Germany).
She is member of the Bulgarian Association of clinical immunology, European psychoneuroimmunology network, Asclepius Medical University- Plovdiv, European Academy of allergology and clinical Immunology, Psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology society ets. She was elected as USERN (Universal Scientific Education and Research Network) Junior Ambassador for Bulgaria in 2019.
1. Ivanovska M, Gardjeva P, Terzieva D, Murdjeva M. Immunological reactivity and oxidative stress in medical doctors working under chronic stress. Collection of articles from national scientific conference “15 years of pharmacy at Medical university- Plovdiv”, 2018; 483:178-182. ISBN: 9786192370145.
2. Vasileva L, Saracheva K, Ivanovska M, Petrova A, Marchev A, Georgiev M, Murdjeva M, Getova D. Antidepressant-like effect of salidroside and curcumin on the immunoreactivity of rats subjected to a chronic mild stress model. Food Chem Toxicol, 2018; 121:604-611. doi: 10.1016/j.fct.2018.09.065.
3. Simeonova D, Ivanovska M, Murdjeva M, Carvalho AF, Maes M. Recognizing the leaky gut as a trans-diagnostic target for neuro-immune disorders using clinical chemistry and molecular immunology assays. Curr Top Med Chem, 2018; 18(19):1641-1655.
4. Amicosante M, D’Ambrosio L, Munoz M, Mello FCQ, Tebruegge M, Chegou N, M. Ivanovska ......Fuentes-Alcala Z. Current use and acceptability of novel diagnostic tests for active tuberculosis: A worldwide survey. Jornal Brasileiro de Pneumologia, 2017; 43(5), 380–392. https://doi.org/10.1590/s1806-37562017000000219
5. Ivanovska M, Abdi Z, Murdjeva M, Macedo D, Maes A, Maes M. CCL11 or Eotaxin-1: An Immune Marker for Ageing and Accelerated Ageing in Neuro-psychiatric Disorders. Preprints, 2020; 2020010370. doi: 10.20944/preprints202001.0370.v1