Graduated from Medical University-Plovdiv as a Medical Doctor
Postodoctoral fellow and researcher at University of Cambridge, UK; University of Namur, Belgium; INSERM, University of Nantes, France
Specialist in Medical Biology and Clinical Immunology
Head of the Department of Medical Biology
National representative at IMI2 and national contact person for EC Programs Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe
Leader and coordinator of national and international research projects, member of editorial boards and reviewer of international scientific journals
1. Sbirkov Y., H. Burnusuzov, V. Sarafian. Metabolic rewiring in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 2020, DOI: 10.1515/revneuro-2019-0100.
2. Dichev V., M. Kazakova, V. Sarafian. YKL-40 and NSE in neurodegeneration and neuroinflammation. Reviews in the Neurosciences, 2020 doi: 10.1515/revneuro-2019-0100
3. Karalilova R., M. Kazakova, T. Sapundzhieva, V. Dichev, Z. Batalov, V. Sarafian, A. Batalov. Serum YKL-40 and IL-6 levels correlate with ultrasound findings of articular and periarticular involvement in patients with Systemic sclerosis. Rheumatology Int, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00296-019-04402-9
4. SarafianV., I. Koev, N. Mehterov, M. Kazakova, K. Dangalov. LAMP-1 gene is overexpressed in high grade glioma. APMIS, 2018, 126(8):657-662
5. Braicu C., N. Mehterov, B. Vladimirov, V. Sarafian, S. Nabavi, A. Atanasov, I. Berindan-Neagoe. Nutrigenomics in cancer: revisiting the effects of natural compounds. Seminars in Cancer Biology, 2017 doi: 10.1016/j.semcancer.2017.06.011.